Protecting Our Community Through A Phased Reopening
TW Orthodontics is beginning a phased reopening of our offices that have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic on Friday May 1, 2020. Protecting our community, patients, and staff has been our number one priority throughout this time. We have communicated with our patients, their parents, and our community as the recommendations and requirements regarding COVID-19 shifted.
We have weighed information provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Federal Government COVID-19 Task Force, Governor Ivey, the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), the Alabama Dental Association, and closely followed data regarding Alabama’s projected curve. We have used the information we’ve gathered to inform our decisions on the best approach to protecting the health of our community, patients, and staff.
Dr. Turner, Dr. Wood & Dr. Shelley did not take the decision to reopen lightly. TW Orthodontics has always maintained a safe and clean environment in each of our offices by following OSHA standards & guidelines. Additionally, we have implemented new measures to minimize the risk of exposure while in our offices.
Here’s what we are doing to protect you:
- Each team member will wear a mask.
- The treatment team will wear safety goggles, masks and gloves for every patient.
- Additionally, your orthodontists and orthodontic assistants will wear face shields and gown covers for certain procedures.
- For debond appointments, we will use a low aerosol slow speed handpiece to minimize airborne vapors.
- Treatment chairs and the surrounding areas cleaned with CDC-approved disinfectants before and after each patient.
- We will check the temperature of all employees upon arriving at the office each day.
- We are screening patients as they arrive with health questions via a contactless system.
- We will take the temperatures of each person entering our office using a touchless thermometer.
- We have provided hand sanitizers & soap throughout the office, and patients will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival.
- Patients, please wait in your car until we can bring you in. Text us when you arrive!
- We will schedule follow-up appointments chairside to reduce time in the office.
Changes You’ll see in the office:
- Contactless heck-in via text – make sure to let us know when you arrive.
- We have closed our waiting area & checkout areas.
- Patients only are allowed in the treatment bay area.
- 1 parent/caregiver ONLY allowed in a new patient exam.
- Patients should wait in your car until we can bring you in. Text us when you arrive.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Brush your teeth before coming to your appointment. We have closed our brushing station.
- Text/Call when you arrive and wait in your car.
- Fill out any necessary paperwork or forms online prior to your appointment. We will text you a form to fill out on your phone.
- Remain in your car until someone comes out to take your temperature and escort you into the office.
- We will only allow patients into the treatment area.
- Please wear a mask or some form of facial covering for the nose and mouth for walking into/out of office.
- We respectfully ask that parents/caregivers/friends/siblings etc. all stay in their car while the patient is being seen.
Please call or text us for appointments or questions.