Do you have TMD, a cleft palate, missing teeth, or impacted wisdom teeth? At TW Orthodontics, we can provide treatment to fix or drastically improve the effects of certain disorders. Even if you feel your teeth are straight, schedule an appointment for your free evaluation. We can address any misalignment and help reduce pain, improve your smile, and increase your confidence.
Millions of Americans suffer from chronic facial and neck pain as well as severe, recurring headaches. In some cases, this pain is due to Temporomandibular Disorder, also known as TMD. Your temporomandibular joints, or TMJs, connect your lower jawbone to your skull. These joints get a lot of use throughout the day as you speak, chew, swallow, and yawn. Pain in and around these joints can be unpleasant and may even restrict movement. Symptoms of TMD include:
- Pain in the jaw area
- Pain, ringing, or stuffiness in the ears
- Frequent headaches or neck aches
- Clicking or popping sound when the jaw moves
- Muscle spasms in the jaw area
- A change in the alignment of top and bottom teeth
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth
If you notice that you are experiencing any of these symptoms, let your us know at your next appointment. We can help determine if you have TMD and create a customized treatment plan to help relieve your symptoms.
ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is surgery to correct a wide spectrum of diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues. We can use surgery to:
- Correct jaw issues to reposition misaligned jaws
- Remove impacted wisdom teeth to prevent tooth decay and gum disease
- Adjust a cleft palate to remove the gap in the lip or split in the opening in the roof of the mouth
- Add dental implants for missing teeth